Controller of personal data collections
Company: Nurseline Healthcare
Address: 2510 Aztec West, Bristol BS32 4AQ
- “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or an identifiable living individual (personal data subject), and an identifiable living individual is a person whose identity can be established directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as name and surname, personal identification number, location data, online identifier, or by reference to one or more factors specific to his or her physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that living individual;
- “Special categories of personal data” means are personal data revealing information on the racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, as well as genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
- “Personal data processing” means any operation or set of operations performed on personal data, or a group of personal data, automatically or otherwise, such as: collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, adjusting or change, withdrawal, consultation, inspection, use, disclosure through transmission, publication or otherwise made available, harmonized or combined, restricted, deleted or destroyed;
- “Personal data subject” is natural person – user of services and products of Nurseline Healthcare whose data are subject to processing by Nurseline Healthcare.
- “Authorized person” is a person employed or hired by Nurseline Healthcare who has authorized access to documents and information and communication equipment on which personal data are processed.
Which personal information do we collect, how and how do we use them?
When you visit our website
When you contact us through phone/email/social media
If you contact us through phone, email or social media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube we will ask you to give us your:
- Your name
- Any other information that you choose to provide (e.g., reason for contacting etc.).
We use the personal information that you provide us through phone/email/social media for communication with you by the employees of Nurseline Healthcare in order to answer your questions, requests and applications.
When you subscribe to Newsletters
If you want to subscribe to our Newsletters, we will ask you to give us your:
We use the personal information that you provide us in order to provide you with our Newsletters.
When you complete our form “Book us now/Request stuff/Choose us/Contac us/Get in touch”
If you contact us using the online form provided on the website, we ask you to enter the following data:
- First Name
- Second Name
- any other information that you choose to provide in the massage section, including the reason for the enquiry.
We use the personal information that you provide on our online contact form to respond to your referrals, enquiries, request and questions.
Other information that we collect
When users visit the website, Nurseline Healthcare may record information related to them, which in itself is not sufficient to identify a particular person and are statistical indicators used to improve the quality of the Website. Such information may include: the name of the Internet browser, the type of computer, as well as technical information about the connection that the user uses when visiting the website, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider, IP (Internet Protocol) addresses that are assigned by the Internet service provider and are different for each user, as well as other similar information.
Legal basis for data processing
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all processing of your personal information is lawful.
The lawful basis for the processing of your personal data depends on the purposes for which we process your personal data.
The legal grounds for our processing of your personal information are:
- compliance with our legal obligations
- entering into contract or contract performance
- our legitimate interests.
You can object to processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate interest at any time by contacting Nurseline Healthcare.
Where we are legally required to obtain your consent to process your personal data or special categories of personal data, we will ask you for it at the relevant time. If you choose not to give your consent, we may not be able to perform some of the tasks we need to in order to provide certain services to you and may in same cases need to end our relationship with you as a consequence.
Sharing of personal information
The personal data processing activities related to the Nurseline Healthcare services are performed by the Nurseline Healthcare employees responsible for these services or the persons in charge of performing the activities in question.
We may share your personal information within Nurseline Healthcare for the purposes of:
- providing services and request/enquiries processing
- business purposes.
We do not share information about you and/or your visit to our website and/or your requests and applications to third parties, except in the following cases:
- in case of hiring processors under an obligation to act according to the instructions of Nurseline Healthcare and provide protection of personal data processed during the provision of those services
- at the request of a court, police, auditors or other authorities and bodies to exercise their powers and only if there is a legal basis for it.
We may transfer your personal information to other countries for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The countries in the European Economic Area are considered to provide the same level of protection to personal information as the UK does. If your personal information is transferred outside the UK and the European Economic Area, we make sure that this is done using specific, legally approved safeguards.
How do we protect your personal information?
Nurseline Healthcare processes your personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
Nurseline Healthcare provides security and confidentiality of your personal information by undertaking security measures in the collection, storage and processing of information to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data, as well as data that is not personal, but is stored on our site.
Nurseline Healthcare employees are required to keep confidential any information (including personal data) that may be obtained during the performance of their duties.
Where appropriate, we use encryption and/or other security measures to protect your personal data.
We also periodically review our security procedures to improve the security of your personal data.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When deciding how long we should keep your personal information, we take into account the following factors:
- legal obligations under applicable law
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once it is no longer needed.
Please note that different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
In case of a job application, we keep your personal information as follows:
- If your application is successful and you accept the job, we will use your personal information provided during the online application process to carry out pre-employment screening (further details will be provided to you at that time) and this information will also form part of your employment file. We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pension auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
- If your application is unsuccessful or you choose not to accept the job, we will retain your data for as long as required for the purpose of processing your application. The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services. With your consent we can keep your data for a longer period in order to contact you for future available job positions that are suitable for you.
Where we have obtained your consent to process your personal data, we will cease to process your personal data when you withdraw your consent by contacting Nurseline Healthcare. In some cases, we may proceed to process your personal data if we are legally obliged or based on our legitimate interest.
Where we have obtained your consent to process your personal/sensitive data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. This stipulates that we will only keep personal data as long as is necessary, and we will review the bases for holding your data in the instance that we have not engaged with you in over 1 year. Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal/sensitive data.
Your rights regarding personal data processing are:
- the right to be informed about the processing of personal data
- right of access to personal data
- right to correct and delete personal data
- right to restrict the processing of personal data
- right to data portability
- right to object
These rights are not absolute, and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/ or the relevant data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- baseless or excessive/repeated requests or
- further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
We will respond to your request within one month from its receipt. If the request is going to take longer process, we will inform you together with the reasons therefore.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your information, please contact Nurseline Healthcare.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your personal information does not comply with data protection laws, you can make a compliant to the Information Commissioner’s Office or the relevant data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.